Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Whoopie!

I have several things to post about today......First up Whoopie pies! I have made these a couple of times over the last week. Once for the Boss's (or the mister at home) snack day which is Friday and then for the work picnic on Saturday. They are easy to make...like putting two cookies together with frosting in the middle. And they are lovely delectable gems of pumpkin goodness and fat and sugar...ha! I searched the Internet and then tweaked to my own liking...

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

3 Cups Flour

1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

1. Whisk these ingredients together and set aside.

1 cup canola oil

2 eggs ( bigger the better)

1 can of pumpkin

2 cups of brown sugar

2. Beat the egg and oil together, mix in pumkin, mix in brown sugar last.

3. Fold dry ingredients into wet

4. Drop onto a cookie sheet using a cookie scoop

5. Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes

6. Allow to cool on a rack before adding filling

Filling:

1 cup butter

2 cups powdered sugar

1 jar marshmallow fluff

2tsp vanilla

1. Cream butter and sugar

2. Mix in marshmallow fluff and vanilla

3. Load into a gallon size freezer Ziploc and snip off corner. Pipe onto one cookie and top

with another.....delish!








Next up...these are the dishcloths I have been knitting over the last few weeks in odd spare moments. They turned out real cute....here is where I got the pattern.

http://www.knittingknonsense.com/candycorn_illusion.html

It's fun to see the pattern "pop out" as you knit.......


Here is the other thing I wanted to show...this is what I get greeted with every morning...crab cat...As soon as my feet hit the floor each morning..."Where is my food?"...."Where is my water?"....."Where is the dog's water?"

The abuses never cease........


1 comment:

nursehannah said...

Um hi my other mom! You know I LOVE whoopie pies...and did you also know that today for a low price YOU could feed two starving college students today!!

Our address is 1026 S Pike.. Room 204...

hahaha

Hannah