Wednesday, November 19, 2008

On the family front:
Oldest princess is coming home Friday! Yeah!...
Here she is playing in the leaves at school...
I love this picture...
She played with the color obviously but it's just a great picture because it captured the sheer joy of autumn....
and being 20 years old!
What a great time....
On the knitting front:
I found this wonderful beanie pattern on this website...the pattern is called Zeebee....
I used a random acrylic yarn that I had picked up at an estate sale....I wanted to see what it would look like first without using a more expensive yarn...kind of like making a muslin in dressmaking terms.




So who should get to wear it?

I tried it on the mister....since it was made to my head measurements, maybe it is a little short for him? But pretty funkadelic eh?.....






Up next we have the lovely Miss Roxie Red modeling our lovely Zeebee.....for some reason The Shriner's come to mind...sorry Rox!











And last but never least is Mr. Ralphie,
quite handsome and debonair but definitely looks like a Shriner....

So I believe the hat will get sent to this charity.....
The Seamen's Church Institute
for the Christmas at Sea Program....



It won't make it for this years distribution
(I was since informed you can send them in until Dec. 15..thanks!)but for 2009...if you like to knit or crochet,
go check it out...
there are patterns on the site along with guidelines....
keep those mariners warm!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Thanks for posting about Christmas at Sea! We'll actually be accepting items through December 15 this year--so please, KNIT AWAY!