Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Kitchen Progress

For all that are curious here are some pictures of the kitchen progress that has been going on......the kitchen is coming along nice, just slow....when it's a one man show with minor grunt help then it crawls along at a snails pace. This is also where God tests our(my) patience......when girls forget that we don't have a working disposal and throw plates in the sink, guess who gets to dig it out and throw it in the trash? Mister loves getting his picture made too...the girls always try to get plumber pant shots of him when he is working. I will not include these!


Here is the Mister being helped by the oldest grunt worker....most of the cabinets are now...he was finishing the upper cabinets. He put a lovely plywood counter top on the base cabinets for me until the granite gets installed....

This is what my kitchen usually looks like right now.....power tools are a daily decoration! Now that the island cabinets are in there is more room for the power tools...tee hee...

Ralphie and Roxie the wonder poodles are handling things fairly well...I just have to keep their food and water bowls in the same place as always or Ralphie won't eat. I think he is afraid it is not his bowl or something....

Here oldest grunt worker is helping again....this is the space where the fridge will be relocated, next to the back door. Since the cabinets are all in now, they can come and measure for the counter top. After the counter top is put in place the cook top can be installed, sink and faucet, and life will really be getting easier! I think I have missed having a stove the most. I use it more than I realized. The other thing that has been bothering me is having the fridge in the garage....back and forth...aren't I a griper?!! We are spoiled these days....It will not be long though before the fridge comes in the house...yeah!

The Mister has just announced that he is off to Lowe's...I need to go get garden poles....I will show the garden progress next.

Ta-ta.........

No comments: