Wednesday, January 7, 2009

These were a few of my favorite things!

I decided to take a look back at 2008 for my first post in 2009....what were the things that really stood out to me?...made an impression?


I took a look back through all the pictures to pull some out...there were so many I wanted to include. Since I am a visual learner, God used this time to point out to me how good I have it, how blessed I am and how many times I take even the smallest moment in time for granted...

Hopefully in the new year I will be more sensitive to what lies in store...here's to memories!




We actually got a good snowfall last winter...enough for the girls to have a snow day....snow days are great..you can make hot chocolate and go out in the snow in your pajamas!











We went to oldest princesses school to hear her play in the pit for the performance of Fiddler on the Roof.....some of you may groan but I like that one!





















During the school year of 07-08 I had the opportunity to watch a super cute baby to help out my neighbor....while I realized that I am too old to keep up with any little ones of my own, it was nice to love on one and then give him back!









It was the first time for me to see the highway intersection of 141 and 44 in Fenton, Mo. flood to the point of it drawing crowds...


















2008 was the year of the big kitchen remodel....it is not finished yet but it is fully functional and it is so much nicer than what it was...I love it! And as you can see in the picture, everyone helps at some point!












The July 4th parade in downtown St. Louis is always something I look forward to....it's kind of a tradition in the family now to get your picture made with the candy clown!











The vegetables and fruit in my garden were great this year....I tried some new things, some different heirloom tomatoes and some Japanese cukes that grew real long.....they tasted great! The blackberries did pretty good and I even had a handful of raspberries too....can't wait for what they produce this coming summer.




















Here is my backyard after we had a flash flood in the late spring.....I guess this is why we have to carry flood insurance but it never got near or into the house...it did look a little scary though.....










We went on a vacation this summer to St. George Island Florida with my side of the family...I especially had fun getting to know my great niece...here she is with her dad...we had fun winding her up...she was the life of the party!




















On the same trip, we learned about catching and eating these guys here....blue crabs....fun was had by all trying to figure out how to trap them...it was definitely learn as you go experience...








This was the first year for youngest princess to play field hockey......she loved it!.....I love this picture of the team when they finally won a game! Princess and her friend...in the middle...were simply overjoyed!.......






















I took part in a Christmas ornament exchange....in was pretty much the same as a cookie exchange....it was a blast!...I used a pattern out of one of the Holiday crafts magazines....felted cupcakes by Betz White....such a talented lady...cute ideas....






The moms from our bible study class at church got together and we baked cookies to send in a care package for college students from our church.....many more participated but these are the ones who stayed to the bitter end....there were about 1000 Christmas cookies!





















This was a picture taken at one of the Christmas performances of our church...I am so thankful to have my daughters participate in this with me...this was youngest princesses first year...











Stuff on my poodle...need I say more?






















We are a crazy family....I love that we have each other to hang out with and laugh at life....not sure which princess made this picture...I think oldest. This is usually what we get called.....I think, oh yeah?...just wait, your day will come...
And it does, in the blink of an eye!







No comments: