Thursday, August 14, 2008

Yesterday was Cupcake Day!

Yesterday was Cupcake Day for me, otherwise known in this household as 'the first day of school'. I always tell the girls that while they are back at school, I am going to wear a party hat and eat cupcakes....I spent the morning making up songs about the animals and I baking and eating cupcakes and made their lunches. Note on the lunch bags I even had a little picture to indicate cupcake day! That part gets flipped down and stapled so they don't read it until they are opening their lunches....



They got highly annoyed with all my fun and I snapped my 'first day of school' picts and off they went...Middle princess and I were both excited for similar reasons. This is her first year to drive to school and my first year NOT to drive them to school!!! As long as she doesn't wreck the car that is...










Usually I do spend the day making something sweet for them after their first day but since my kitchen is still in disorder and I didn't want to bother with it, I decided to do something a little different this year....I decided that oldest princess and I (since she has not gone back to school yet) would celebrate this day at the bar....Jilly's Cupcake Bar that is! We even made a rule that you have to be 18 and graduated from high school in order to go to the bar!


It is in St. Louis at Delmar and 170....if you live near and have something like I did to celebrate, give it a try....what fun! It's a small place and there was a line to order. It must be popular because the whole time we were there, people came and went constantly, there was always a line.....We went at noon and also had lunch there...they offer salads and sandwiches. All in all, it was very good but a little on the cramped side. The cupcakes were great.....large dream cupcakes!



Each table had the pretty little flowers like these in the cup and saucer...



Oldest princess had the German Chocolate cupcake while I had the Chocolate Thunder, a chocolate cake filled with dark chocolate ganache and topped with chocolate and white chocolate butter cream and chocolate flakes...it was a D-lite! How many times did I say chocolate?! You get the picture right?......


Next time I go I will probably not eat lunch and just do the cupcake ...I think I will savor it more that way....the lunch was good, but I could have had just the cupcake...Oldest princess brought half of hers home. I was not about to do that so I rolled out of the place instead!

Take time out of your life for a Cupcake Day....life is short...find something to celebrate....eat cupcakes!

Ta ta.....

No comments: