Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Taking Back Thanksgiving


I refuse to give in to the retail hype this year...I was in Wal Mart yesterday and actually caught myself humming a Christmas tune that was oh so softly playing on the store's brainwashing sound system. I felt like slapping myself..
I am going to try to list things here that I am thankful for up until the Thanksgiving Day...that is what they day was set aside for right?... although the retailers figured out they can't really make that much money off of being thankful so they try to skip right over that one. The push of all the cheap Christmas China stuff is getting gaggy though....at least to this woman it is....don't need it. I'm taking back Thanksgiving....

I have a few days to catch up on...

November 1: God gave me sun today..again!...It's just what I needed!

November 2: I am thankful for the peace that a Monday brings to my house...some quiet moments after the weekend.

November 3: I went on a walk today with the poodles and picked up fall leaves to press in a book...the sun is shining, the air is crisp...I am thankful for the simplicity of the moment yet the staggering beauty of Gods artwork...I am awed.....




No comments: