Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Killer Leeches from Polycarbonate Space


My older daughter told me the other day that she thought it was unsafe to put our CamelBak bottles in the dishwasher. I never thought anything about it.....I love those bottles...they are tough, easy to take apart and throw on the top rack of the dishwasher. The straw sits on one of the spikes of the rack as does the bite valve, very tidy...easy. No big deal......until she came up with the thought that by putting them through the dishwasher that dangerous toxins would be leeching out (into what?) as they are heated up. I had always thought that the problem was mainly with the throw away water bottles....don't leave them in your hot car......Ok, so how bout if they were left in a hot warehouse or on a hot truck somewhere...that doesn't count? So we stopped using those and went back to the trusty CamelBak bottle....then she drops THAT bomb on me....I'm not too worried but I did go to the Camelbak website where they had an FAQ page on their new BPA free bottles.........






It seems that tests from several organizations in America think that daily levels of exposure to BPA (big bad leech) do not pose a safety risk....

Also on this page it was stated that none of the CamelBak bottles have ever contained phthalates, another big bad leech. Read here......






A sigh of relief......while I may go ahead and order some of the "new and improved" bottles, I am secure in knowing that my family will be safe from the leeches of polycarbonate space.








No comments: